Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
May 13th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Salta mid morning and shattered, luckily lots of hostel reps to fight over me so got a great deal of 15pesos a night, forgot to ask the nationalities though so fell in the Israeli trap again, oops.
Went straight to bathroom and got locked in (very dodgy door) then straight to bed. Walk around town, very nice square with cathedral so very relaxing. It was saturday so party night so luckily an Irish bloke, Canadian bloke and Dutch girl arrived, and the crazy yank who we all tried to avoid. We drank many beers and then hit the town at 1. Went to the most popular club in town, Inside. Quite a fun night, some odd star wars moment in the middle of the night with lazers and C3PO talking but then back to the regaton! Odd club as there were tables on the dancefloor but it was handy for our drinks. No sambuca so had to do tequilla shots and they were huge, but dirt cheap! Went home about 5 starving hungry so hotdog then to bed.
Mark tried to wake me at 10 as I had agreed to go to gaucho festival with him, after two attempts he realised I was half dead so went without me. Finally got up at 2 for lunch then cinema. Got back about 7 to hear all about the gaucho fair I missed, they had some kind of voodoo potato cow, how odd! Went to dinner with Mark and Diego the receptionist, had to share a steak and even then could only just finish it. Also saw Chloe and J from bariloche, they can always be found in a steak house! Getting much better at spanish staying in all these hostels with only spanish speaking staff. Some more red wine then to bed after watching return of the jedi!
Last day spent around town, caught the cable cars to the viewing mound (all South American towns seem to have one of these!). Couldn´t go rafting with the recommended group as everything had been shut the day before 😞 Mark was teaching till 10 and lots of people had checked out so hung around wondering what to do for dinner. Then Diego asked me to go to the shop to buy stock cubes as he was cooking me dinner! Excellent! I bought some wine as he wasn´t accepting payment and wasn´t even eating any himself! Great steak and rice dish, he is an excellent cook. Mark got back with wine and then we played cards all evening. The boys went to play football at 11 against the sister hostel and won. More wine till 2 so I struggled to wake up for my 7am bus, poor Mark had a 6.15 ride to his teaching job!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb