21/04/07


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta
April 21st 2007
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Salta after the coach was delayed for 3 hours making the journey a hellish 21 hours. When we found our hostel, we were being shown around and met out camp friend CJ from Mendoza in the pool room! He was there with 2 other friends which are girls called Sian and Sara. It was nice to see a familair face, and he said that they were going out in the evening if we wanted to have a few drinks. We got settled and started to have a look around town. Salta is absolutely lovely, set in a valley in the mountains, surrounded by huge hills in every direction. The climate is similar all year round being warm and sunny during the day, but cool at night...Perfect. There´s a square with loads of cafes and bars, and the town looked bustling and exciting. We both fell in love pretty quickly.

After having a bite to eat and a beer in the square, we headed back to the hostel for a kip and prepare for a night out later. We ended up chatting with a few other people in the hostel, and went out to a strip of bars at the ther end of town about 1 óclock. The clubs all look great in Argentina, with loads of people and cheap drinks, but the music is terrible. They have a local type of music, which has a slow drum beat which they either sing or rap over, and it´s one of the most irritating sounds I have ever heard. They do mix it up with some British music, which only enticed us into a club where we thought it sounded alright, only for us to order a drink, pay for it and as if by some amazing conspiracy, the DJ acknowlwges that we are in the place by stopping the good music and continue with the crappy Argentinian train music. Cheap drinks though, and we stayed out until about 4, so can´t really complain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb