PATAGONIA: The birth of the crocodile man


Advertisement
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

PATAGONIA: The birth of the crocodile man. Early flight out of Buenos Aires...great view of the "sweet ocean"...the 30 kms of fresh water from the Amazon between Argentina and Uruguay...best views ever of the massive clusters of dwellings that is B.A...heading West to the Andes...just the two of us...our friends detained by the accident only hours before. Two hours later the plane wheels touch d... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 97, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




5th February 2014

El Dancing Crocodillo
Wow - stunning photos! Looks an amazing place....
5th February 2014

El Dancing Crocodillo
No matter the state of my sunburn Jo...it does not affect the landscapes. Nice scenery around Bariloche but my coming blogs will have the wow factor when we venture into the semi arid steppe.
5th February 2014

Keh?
Beautiful blog so envious of your family travels together :)
5th February 2014

Keh?
Thanks Cindy...the impact of this trip to Patagonia picks up somewhat when we pick up the 4WD and hit the road. No more cushy coach trips then.
5th February 2014
LLAO LLAO

Fancy dancers
Wow, tea at Llao Llao--I'm impressed! That's the premier resort in Argentina. Sorry you got crispy crittered there--the sun at altitude is a killer. Good thing you had Denise to tomato you up (I'll have to remember that one). Bariloche and its surroundings are like my second home--so glad you got to visit sweet San Martin and impressive Tronador and Lanin. Really, isn't Patagonia the best?
5th February 2014
LLAO LLAO

Fancy dancers
Thanks Tara. Llao Llao for high tea...Bariloche & environs for cakes & tomato slices before the real adventures begin. Ruta 40 and diversions here we come. Rio Negro is a lovely provence for your second home but the areas south is where my heart is.
5th February 2014

Too bad crocodiles...
don't like eating flies.
5th February 2014

Too bad crocodiles...
Hi Bob. Tabanos con leche...now that's a feast. In fact as we found out con leche goes well with anything.
6th February 2014

Amazing Argentina
We are still longing to see this exotic land and your blog makes us warm with desire. Great photos again. Being made lunch by horseflies is the worst. Run as fast as you can.
6th February 2014

Amazing Argentina
Thanks MJ. Patagonia is a photographer's & adventurer's paradise...an extraordinarily diverse land. I believe it is a must on any wish list...dream on.
6th February 2014

I AM GLAD YOU MADE IT
I am glad you visited the country where I live. I like Bariloche but not that much, I prefer the surroundings. I love thye road from Bariloche to El Bolsón. The landscape is stunning. Take care. Hugs.
6th February 2014

I AM GLAD YOU MADE IT
Oh Graciela. I was hoping you would see this. We now head down Ruta 40 in a 4WD where the adventures really begin. Maybe to some places new to TB. Watch this space.
7th February 2014
LLAO LLAO

how gorgeous!
I can see why bookings are required well in advance!
7th February 2014
LLAO LLAO

how gorgeous!
Hi Ren...hope Drew is rocking on. Views of 3 mountains out the window certainly gorgeous. Probably my view in hindsight affected by the shaft of sun on my face. Gotta say those that can afford a time share have one glorious hangout.
8th February 2014

Crocodile man!
Makes me envious! It's still on my list. Keep moving - and keep out of the sun. David - of The grey haired nomads
8th February 2014

Crocodile man!
Thanks David. Watch this space...might encourage you to elevate Patagonia up a notch or two.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 17; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb