Swiss Transplant


Advertisement
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nahuel HuapiNahuel HuapiNahuel Huapi

Strong wind making big waves.
Bariloche is beautiful, like Switzerland - lakes, snow capped mountains, chalets. And as an added bonus we found the best value hostel we've come across so far, less than US$9 per night including breakfast and dinner !!! The only downside was our roommates who had some annoyingly dirty habits, particularly in the bathroom. The crappy weather continued with strong winds, snow and rain - merde but hey ho nothing we can do about it. Most of the time we chilled - having hot chocolate in cafes, reading and generally lazing around. During one of the rain breaks we managed to get out and hike up the Cerro Campanario, it's a good climb not too tough but a good workout. The view from the top, when you can see it, is spectacular. That afternoon we carried on with our active day by renting mountain bikes to cycle the Circuito Chico (27km), it's great but much hillier than we'd expected. Of course the weather waited until we were just about half way round before pouring with rain, we were soaked and bloody freezing by the time we got back to the rental place, but we were still glad we'd done it. Lets hope we get a weather break when we head over to Chiloe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

On Yer BikeOn Yer Bike
On Yer Bike

First lookout point, before the rain.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

From the hostel.


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb