14th January, Pucon y San Martin, Argentina


Advertisement
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

14th January, Pucon y San Martin, Argentina

We got a 6 hour bus to the lake district of Argentina.. We have to be in Buenos Aires for the spanish classes starting soon, so we thought we´d have a few days in the lake district 1st.

While waiting for the coach, i needed the loo, so had to run back to the hostel (i coudnt use the one at the bus station as jake had spent the last of our money on bloody pastries!).. back at the hostel, the owner called over to me, i thought he was going to start questioning me about using the loo after we´d checked out, but much to my embarrassment he walked me over to a pile of washing, which was obviously from our room, on top of the towels, he pointed to a pair of my knickers!!!!! He picked them up and started waving them around saying you forgot these!!! Other people were sat around the kitchen table at the time.. I went bright red, grabbed them and ran off fast.. only to be chased by a stray dog!

The bus journey was pleasant, there was alot of unecessary stops, but there wasnt any trouble crossing the border into argentina.

We arrived after 6 hours, in a lovely little village with more gringos. It was similar to Pucon, and was a good spot for adventure sports. It was so windy though near the lake, i got blown off a curb!

At the hostel, we had booked dorms as it was cheaper, we were supposed to be sharing a room with 2 others, but much to my disappointment he showed us to a room with 6 others... i said nothing though as it would only be a few days until i was in my flat!!

We wandered around the village and enquired about the boat trip we´d go on the folowing day. We stopped off at a chocolate shop that would put thorntons in england to shame.. it had a flower pot in the window display made all of chocolate!!! We bought loads and then felt sick after wolfing it down...

That evening we went back to the hostel for dinner as it was included. There was loads of argentinians on holiday from buenos aires staying there so we got chatting to quite a few over dinner.. They were really nice and one girl wrote down lots of places i should visit when i got there. We exchanged contact details with some of them and then headed off to the stinky dorm room full of boys are their sweaty feet. Yuck. That night one lad snored soooooo loud it woke me up and everyone else in the dorm aswell. I was lucky to only have another 2 nights of it, although id hate every minute of sharing with these strangers...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb