Patagonian Adventure: PART II -San Martin de los Andes


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PART II: San Martin de los Andes December 30-31

December 30

After camping on a rocky along the Rio Grande , we woke up early to get to San Martin de los Andes through a wonderful road surrounded once again by impressive volcanoes and magically shaped mountains. The campingsite was located along the lake surrounded with mountains; we could sit on the beach with a glass of beer and admiring the sunset. This same night, we went to restaurant in the village where I ate a delicious regional meal, el ciervo (deer) accompanied with their local beer. A delicious red meat topped with a wild mushroom sauce..mmmmm. This is when I love Argentina!

December 31

We spent a quiet day at the village of San Martin de los Andes. This small village reminded me of a ski resort; the "Switzerland" architecture created a lack of authenticity as it projected a false sense of wealth... or should I say an exclusive resort for the Buenos Aires bourgeoisie. However, it was still pleasant to walk in the village and sit for coffee on the patios. We spent a quiet New Year celebration looking at the stars on the beach...and sleeping in a tent under the rain! It was a memorable New Year!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb