Al norte del Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
August 7th 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


If there’s anything I miss about America, it’s the promptness of the airlines. I know we all say it’s bad, but we know nothing. I have now flown Aerolíneas Argentinas for 5 legs, and only 2 have been on time: the 2 international ones, to and from Chile. Everything domestic has been delayed. The worst part was today, our departure from Buenos Aires was delayed until 3:15 from the original 1:20 departure, after our flight from Santiago to BA was perfectly on time.

Normally, I wouldn’t care about a 2 hour delay. That’s nothing. But there were 3 things irking me.


• this is not the airlines fault, but we had a horrendous server at the Hard Rock Cafe in the airport, and it was kind of annoying. We shouldn’t have to wait half an hour and ask 3 times for the check. I know this is a more relaxed country, but come on.
• this is the 3rd time in 3 domestic flights I’ve been delayed with them.
• they only announced the delay until 2:30. And then we didn’t board until 3:15. So once it hit 2:30, when we were supposed to board, we just had no idea what was happening, or when we would get on the plane. This is also not apparently rare for this airline.



Also, on an unrelated note: Santiago is completely unequipped to deal with rain. Less than Boston. There was a foot deep puddle we had to drive through. I know it was that deep, because I saw that it covered a pickup truck's chassis. We had to drive on the sidewalk for a bit. I was weird.

Anyway, we did finally get to Iguazú, where it was, as predicted, hot, humid, and clear and beautiful. We got settled into our hotel around 7:00. It’s called a resort, and I suppose it is, but not a huge one. It has a pool, a tennis court, a volleyball court, and a futsal field. It has breakfast every morning, but wifi is only at reception. However, by paying with the blue dollar, it’s running us about $180 for 3 nights, so that’s fantastic. And we look out over the Iguazú river at Brazil, which is pretty cool.



For dinner, we met up with our friend Ryanne, who was on dialogue and travelled here separately. She’s staying in the coolest hostel I’ve seen, and we do actually regret a little not staying there too. But we got to hang out with her and her friends there for a few hours, which was fun. She heads back to Buenos Aires tomorrow, but we’ve got plenty to do from her suggestions over our two days here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb