Iguazù totally trumps Niagra


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
August 11th 2010
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The bus ride to Puerto Iguazù was 23 hours, but it was a glorious 23 hours. Sim and I had the entire bottom of the bus to ourselves for the first hour and a half of the ride on Thursday so we ended up working out in the aisle in anticipation of sitting for the 22 hours to come. It was hilarious. The Argentinian bus service was so first class, especially after nearly freezing to death in Bolivia. For dinner we had hot ravioli with a full glass of wine and then a chocolate liqueur for dessert. I don´t think I´ve ever had chocolate liqueur after a regular dinner, let alone one on 4 wheels!

When we got to Puerto Iguazù we went to Hostel Park Iguazù, which was in our guidebook and not far from the terminal. They claimed they had hot showers and internet so we signed in...however, the internet was really one computer with a missing side panel that was frozen and the water heater was a little fire under a massive black tank full of freezing water. Needless to say I was not pleased, and after telling reception I didn´t appreciate being lied to, we demanded our money back and went to another hostel close by. The guy behind the counter didn´t even put up a fight so I was relieved that I didn´t have to ask for the manager or anything...I really can´t handle the lies anymore. When you promise something, you better follow through.

The next day we took the bus to Parque Iguazù to see the falls, and they were INCREDIBLE. Niagra doesn´t have anything on these falls. The pure scale and vastness was insane, and you could literally feel their power when you were close. Nature is so mind-blowing sometimes. Hopefully the pictures speak for themselves, but everyone knows photos rarely capture it all. You really just have to be there to see it, feel it, hear it, and smell it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb