Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
March 29th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 19th March 2009

Faced with a 5 and a half hour journey to Iguazu, today was a bit of a write off as well. However it was definately worth it as we were heading to the spectacular iguazu falls.

Friday 20th March 2009

The morning started off with slight delay! The guy staying in our room locked the door as he left and we ended up being trapped in our room due to the bedroom door lock breaking and being rescued by a man climbing through the window and unhinging the door. This was quite frankly hilarious and could only happen to us. After being freed we head to iguazu national park. The waterfalls are amazing and the walkways to the falls were covered with beautiful butterflies, some of which landed on your hand. The whole place is really stunning and this convinced us to splash out (no pun intended) on a trip the next day!!!

Saturday 21st March 2009

Today was an early start, and we managed to get out of the room first time!!! We had booked a trip with the hostel and they dropped us off at the park at 9 am. The trip started with a safari trek in a 4x4 with the tour guide telling us information about the plants and animals that live in the park. We even got to see tucans fly over our heads!!! After the safari it was a trip in to the falls. We travelled by speed boat along the river at very high speed, and then into the spray of the falls, we got soaked!!! It was definately worth the money. For the rest of the day we ventured a trek though the jungle. We were a little scared by the warning signs about snakes, but instead of snakes we saw a troop of monkeys.

Sunday 22nd March 2009

We decided that today would be a bit of lazy day. We went to the bus station to book our coach ticket to Sao Paulo and then brought our argentinian souvenir.

Monday 23rd March

We caught the coach to Sao Paulo, 16 hours this time and we got no food. Its ok though we bought ruffles at a coach stop in Brazil so we were both happy.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb