03/04/07


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early to get to the park before all the other tourists arrived. Got there just after 8 and walked straight down to the falls. Saw lot´s of Coati´s (Racoon looking things) looking for food, but couldn´t find any monkeys which was a shame. The weather went from bad to worse and the heavens opened just as we caught a small boat over to Isle San Maritn which is an island in the middle of the falls. Tje rain was increadible and we were saoked from head to toe within minutes, neither of us had bothered to pack any wet gear so we were just in our shorts tee-shirts and flip flops. We were however the first people on the island, and I was leading the other 12 of so people up the steep stepd into the jungle. As soon as we broke away from the group, I forced Anna to go in front as I was petrified from all the warning signs of snakes.

We spent little time looking around, and decided to get to some shelter quickly, which just so happened to be an all you can eat Argentinian buffet. We got to the restaurant at 11am and had to wait outside until it opend at 12! After standing in my boxer shorts trying to dry my clothes under the patheticically weak hand drier in the toilet, we managed to get through a hell of a lot of food, which made up for all the rain!

The full moon walk which we had booked to go on in the evening was cancelled due to the rain, which was a real shame.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.8kb