Things can only get better!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 7th 2006
Published: September 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post


We are here in Iguasu (northeast argentina - the waterfalls where The Misson was filmed). Unfortunately however, our luck has not improved.

On arrival just outside the town of Iguassu we came to a rapid halt and were ordered off the bus in spanish, given our bags, and not quite knowing what was happening duly followed the bus drivers through a road block. We thought it was just an accident of some kind but it turned out to be a protest between the argentinians and brazilians and they were not letting any vehicles either in or out of the town. But we got through on foot, Rich limping dragging his bag with his bad knee but fortuanately we didn´t have to go too far. We then got on another bus the other side of the protest.

However after 50 metres we saw our hostel passing us at the side of the road. We then had to go all the way into town, get a taxi with a couple of german girls in a similar predicament back to where we had just been and our hostel.

With a great sigh of relief we checked into our hostel, much impressed with the swimming pool out front, began to relax and look forward to seeing the falls the next day (today). Oh no - honest could you imagine things would be that easy for Rich and Rach!! No the protestors are also blocking all access to the falls.....yes i hear you cry could it get any worse!! But our spirits are up and though we can´t see any of the falls today we are hoping that we will get into the national park tomorrow. We will keep you posted but don´t hold your breath for any spectacular pictures we may just have to pick up some leaflets and post them to you cos it might be as close as we get.

Thanks for all your comments, keep them coming.

Sorry to hear about the flat Kate & Paulo, hope you find somewhere soon. Let us know the address and you may even get a postcard - though Rich doesn´t believe in them apparently!! I think he´s just a big stingy on the postage!

Time to go and get a beer I think. Love to you all Rachxxxxxx

Advertisement



7th September 2006

catching up
Busy day at work. Fingers crossed for the blockade lifting. Few days off now, going to the Romsey show with Mum. Next week going to the boat show. May just see a RIB! Love Dad and Mum
7th September 2006

where is rich
mm, when will rich write something? are you actually there with him or did you leave him somewhere
7th September 2006

Where is Rich
Goats - you know rich why would he write something when he can just get me to do it for him! He is still with me, though he did try to loose me in Buenos Aires on our second day! He does stand over my shoulder whilst i am writing though, commenting on how much i am writing and saying i should stop as no-one will be interested or have time to read it!!! But i´ll try my best to motivate him to start blogging.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb