Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The Devils Throat 40 secs
So on our own again and the 23 hour bus ride was actually ok! Very comfy and apart from the badly dubbed Jackie chan films the entire way it went very quickly.

We arrived in Puerto Iguazu which is a small village near the falls. It is just on the edge of the jungle so feels very tropical and our hostel is ace! It has pool and everything!

We headed to Iguazu national park yesterday to see the falls and they were far better than we expected...often things get hyped up and they can be a disappointment but not in this case! They are just immense and really beautiful. The photos dont do them justice!

Luckily we got the last of the sunshine as by the end of the day it started to get very overcast. Today it has rained solidly and so we have spent the day in the hostel. We wanted to visit the Brazilian side but the rain is so heavy you get drenched within a second! Luckily the Argenitinian side however has the best view of the falls, so we dont feel we missed out too much.

We considered heading into the Brazil, but it turns out budgeting isn´t our strongest point and so after realising we can´t see everything within the budget we have, we have decided to head to Buenos Aires tomorrow...


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb