Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
March 6th 2017
Published: March 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Iguazu to Mendoza via Salta


Our travel to Mendoza went well. The planes were on time and we had no issues. We have checked into our hotel that is in smaller town south of the main city, Chacras de Coria. We are within walking distance of several wineries and many restaurants. Walked to get our dinner tonight. Pedro met some new friends along the way. We stopped a few places along the way as well. The pet store was selling dog food by the pound that could be scooped right from the bag. The bakery looked like a place we will have to go back to get some snacks one of the days we are here. We opted for the ice cream shop tonight. The hotel is very nice. It is very traditional brick with courtyard area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Table for 2 inside the wine barrel Table for 2 inside the wine barrel
Table for 2 inside the wine barrel

But it is not open on Mondays.
Ice creamIce cream
Ice cream

Pedro found the ice cream shop just a few blocks from our hotel.
Chacras de CoriaChacras de Coria
Chacras de Coria

Pedro walks the tree lined streets


7th March 2017

BIrd
Where is my Bird d'jour? The Toucan from the other day is a Toco Toucan, of the many species of Toucans and Toucanettes. I think this is the common one that is seen in zoos. Your butterflies are also amazing. We loved those coatis too, but I bet they can be a nuisance if people feed them. Those look like some big bottles of wine!
7th March 2017

Bird
The bird of the day is still trapped in my fancy camera and has not been transferred to go to the blog. We bought one of the small bottles of wine and not the big gallon jug. We are heading out touring the wineris via bicycle today.

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb