Mendoza (14 Nov 2010)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
January 7th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 14th November 2010

Delayed arrival as someone on the bus had 2 epileptic fits during the night and we were diverted to a hospital. We went to the tourist information office to ask how e got to 'hugo's tours' as we'd planned to do a cycling tour around the vinyards, only to find that there are no wine tours on Sundays!! Arrrggh, what else is there to do in Mendoza? The lady told us of a natural geothermal spa so we chucked our stuff in storage & jumped on another bus, although it was further than expected close to the Chilean border & took an hour and a half on the stuffy bus! We entered the hot pools, although it was more like a swimming pool complex with family BBQ area. We tried the various pools some of which were super hot until sufficiently prune like & then went for a swim in the large circuit at the bottom of the complex. After several hours we grabbed a late lunch & waited for our return bus. Back at Mendoza terminal we boarded our bus to Santiago ready for a border crossing & another scan of all the luggage at customs.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb