Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

DSCN4016DSCN4016DSCN4016

travel companions emily and rachel
In May I went to Mendoza with three of my friends. We took an overnight bus on Thursday evening and got there Friday morning. In general the buses are very comfortable. We opted for the slightly more luxurious (and more expensive) "cama" option, which gives you dinner, breakfast, a movie, and your seat transforms into a bed. It's like first class on a plane, only on a bus.

We arranged all our activities for the week through the hostel. The first day we went on a tour of two vineyards and an olive oil factory. Mendoza is well known for producing some of Argentina's best wine. The vineyards were interesting, although I think touring just one was enough. But May is an autumn month in Argentina so the landscape was beautiful. The olive oil factory was also interesting. Each tour had its own tasting, so I bought some wines and olive oil that will hopefully make it back with me on the plane.

The next day we went hiking, repelling and canopying. The activities were all with a company called Argentina Rafting. The hiking and repeling we did in the morning with two guides. Repeling, when you walk down
DSCN4017DSCN4017DSCN4017

marissa and me
the side of the mountain face, was fun, but I couldn't get used to the feeling of not being on the ground. Canopying was my favorite part. There was a course of 7 zip-lines, each one longer in length. The last one took us across the river.

The day we left we had a picnic in the park. It was such a beautiful fall day. Out of all of my trips Mendoza was my favorite so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSCN4025DSCN4025
DSCN4025

around town in Mendoza
DSCN4036DSCN4036
DSCN4036

at the first vinyard
DSCN4058DSCN4058
DSCN4058

olive oil factory
DSCN4068DSCN4068
DSCN4068

olive oil tasting
DSCN4071DSCN4071
DSCN4071

second vineyard


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb