Mendoza Spring 2008


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
December 8th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This Spring has been the most musically productive period for us in Argentina thus far. Connor, Justin, Scott, and Nate have been recording during much of their free time. During these past months, both studios have rarely been silent. Justin broke all records for logging in an incredible amount of recording time in the past 5 months. The results can be heard on his new album, "Ready For Love ", which should be accessible on i-tunes soon. We are also getting close to completing the cover for our Pathways Argentina CD and hope to have it all completed in time for Christmas.

Last month both Justin and Connor returned to Chicago. We miss these amazing guys quite a bit since they brought so much to the table. (literally Connor is the best cook that we've had in years) Connor will be returning to Mendoza in a few weeks to continue learning Spanish and recording his music.

This Spring, Scott found another irresistible street dog which he took to the vet and then adopted. Holly Woodruff may look a little scruffy, but she's the sweetest and most loyal dog in Mendoza. Sadly (for us), Holly will be traveling to Massachusetts with Scott later this month when Scott returns to the States. A month later, Andy brought home Lajon, also referred to as El Jay, Little John, and now most recently, Cleveland. He and Holly are a lot of fun and keep things lively around the house.

Brandon and Rudy joined us in late October from the States. Both of them have been having fun learning pro-tools and reason as well as starting to learn Spanish. They have been regulars on the basketball court and have helped make our games of lightning lots of fun. Rudy has a real passion for recording and jumping in bodies of water regardless of the temperature. Brandon is a guitar hero champion who has a knack for the real thing as well.

Isaac joined us in the middle of November. He is a really nice young man with a bright future as a prospective mathematician, guitar player, and fluent Spanish speaker.

We've enjoyed perfect Spring weather the last few months. We've had many asados in the back including one cooked by Miguel, our next-door neighbor, who introduced us to a very delicious cut of meat called Vacio. We are now enjoying eating all of our meals outside on the garden terrace.

The guys took another group of chicos from the Brazos Abiertos Shelter to the Mendoza Zoo and have been doing regular painting and repairs at The Casa Cuna Orphanage in Godoy Cruz.

Last month, Dr. Mark Burdick visited from the States and spent 5 days exploring Mendoza and getting to see what we do from the inside. Mark is also an accomplished song-writer who had a number of his songs recorded by well known artists in the 80s. He started a song here with us which we hope gets completed in spite of the fact that Mark is extremely busy traveling to various programs, maintaining his psychology practice and running his educational consulting service. We had a great time with Mark and hope to have him visit again.

Andy continues to dazzle us all with his command of Spanish and his tireless efforts to teach us. He is also our house asador who has impressed a lot of our Argentine friends with his ability to patiently BBQ beef the Argentine way.

Meanwhile, Nate has been going to two tango dance classes per week and evolved into a smooth tango dancer. Now he can sing, play guitar AND dance!





Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Justin And Pepe Toast  Apple Juice Justin And Pepe Toast  Apple Juice
Justin And Pepe Toast Apple Juice

Before Justin Leaves for the Airport


12th December 2008

AWESOME!
Love the new blog entry, and post-visit have now a great appreciation for the work project down south in Mendoza. I look forward to my next opportunity to finish the song I started at Pathways, and seeing more of Argentina. Thanks for the hospitality, and hasta luego!
13th December 2008

Great to hear from you
Hey! Looks like things are going great and lots of fun is being had by all! The Recording sounds like it is really taking off and going places. Looking foward to the albums and more updates Take Care, peace Luka

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb