Relaxing, river and riding


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
January 25th 2023
Published: January 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

It’s going to be difficult to leave here - beautiful views, delicious food delivered at all hours of the day, dishes done, reading, relaxing. Oh, and there’s puppies, maybe I forgot to mention the puppies?!

Another relaxing start to the day with breakfast in the garden with a beautiful view of the mountains. Managed to find some energy to drag ourselves to the stream to cool off/get trampled on by wet muddy puppies doing zoomies. Pretty much the same. As relaxing as that was, lunch called and wine was offered…so naps were required. Some more relaxing and reading before the horses were saddled up and ready to drag the (ever increasing) loads into the foothills.

Another beautiful ride with stunning views, this time accompanied by Leela, who possibly regretted her decision about 5 minutes in but persevered until the end. Back at the estancia to cool off before a quick storm blew over and sent us inside for dinner, but not before we got to enjoy entree on the balcony!

All that sitting around and drinking wine is very conducive to sleep! But another day beckoned and we had to leave this lovely place (and the puppies!) so we retraced our steps back to Mendoza where we were dropped in Chacras de Coria at our hotel. Geoff ventured to the airport to collect the car and we all enjoyed a relaxing afternoon of digital retox and a swim. In desperate need of something other than asado for dinner, we ventured to the local Indian restaurant for dinner - not the greatest food ever but a very welcome change and an easy walk back through the high security, razor-wire covered neighbourhood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb