Parana, Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Entre Ríos » Paraná
March 19th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Parana

Parana city, capital of the entre rios province, a 3 hour bus ride from Rosario.

My fishMy fishMy fish

Think it´s called an amado.
Parana is the capital of the Entre Rios provence, it is small, pretty and sits right on the banks of the Parana River. We had a lovely hostel which gave us a private room with a balcony overlooking the park and river even though we had booked a dorm, it was in a lovely residential area just a five minute walk through the park to the river front. We spent the first day just strolling through the streets and town squares then had a picnic at the river. The hostel owner helped us to book a full days fishing with a local guide for the next day and he even drove us to the meeting point. We fished from 9am to 7pm moving all over the river and islands trying different spots. We caught various different species of cat fish and also a fish called a Boga. We almost caught a golden dorado but it spat the hook just before we could net it which was a real shame. Our guide had packed everything we could possibly need providing mid morning snack and drinks including the local Mate and Fernet (this is a herbal rum which locals drink with Coke and ice). We stoped at an isolated island for an asado at about 2pm. He had thought of everything, chairs, tables, BBQ, beef, sausage, potatoes, salad, wine, and his wife had made some delicious egg custard puddings. It was so quiet on the island apart from the sound of insects, it was like the reptile house at the zoo! There was an abundance of bird life all along the river also, cranes, vultures, birds of prey (I think we saw osprey), parakeets and lots of other smaller birds that I will have to look up sometime. It really was a wonderful day and when we got back to town, the hostel owner was waiting to pick us up, the hospitality of the people here made our stay very special.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

AsadoAsado
Asado

Comming along nicely!
Baked PotatoBaked Potato
Baked Potato

Cooked on the fire, marinated in herbs and oil, very nice.
Another one of mine!Another one of mine!
Another one of mine!

Think it´s called a boga.


19th March 2013

Fiiiissssshhes
Don't see any of gibbos fish picture, was it the usual haul, 0! Hope you are having a good time. Stay safe.
19th March 2013
The perfect picnic

Wine!
Like the size of the wine glasses...
20th March 2013

...must say you both look the part - what a cracking time you seem to be having - think you should bring your guide back with you, sounds a \'top man\' to me (presuming he is a man, of course!) Yes, I think Mark should invest in a boat although he must wear one of those long peaked caps and let his beard grow down to his chest....! Lovely to hear from you and hope you continue to have such wonderful experiences......
21st March 2013
The perfect picnic

Nice picnic
Good to see the wine to the fore! and that you are out fishing the tall one!! keep up the good work, just remind Mark a kayak is easier to launch. Take care Graeme
21st March 2013

Hi Denise, looks like you are having a great time! Love the pics.... PS I am missing you!

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 74; dbt: 0.1441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb