Concepción del Uruguay


Advertisement
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Río Uruguay and Naty´s Home Town!

I traveled this weekend with my host parents to Natalia´s home town! It’s this charming little town on the edge of Río Uruguay. It’s extremely peaceful and everyone sits outside at night and greets each other on the street. There are a million tracks and other places to run around the city including the Defensa (a big boardwalk that ends in a lighthouse). There are also a million gyms and sports clubs for soccer, basketball, hockey and tennis throughout the city. It seems that everyone in this little town is an athlete!

Streets are lined with beautiful teracotta roof houses and open backyard gardens. The city center is lined with California style clothing stores and ice cream shops (Dany´s is the most amazing ice cream I have ever had!!) Many beaches and public and private line the river. Each is fairly tranquil and the water is slightly green but its nice to sit around sipping cold mate (its tradition here to have mate that combines yerba leaves with some type of fruit juice and ice) Trust me in the humidity and heat of the summer, iced mate and the beach are a perfect combination.

Next weekend I return to the region of Entre Rios for another sister city of Gualeguaychú, where a bunch of us will be camping on the beach and celebrating Carnaval!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

HandsHands
Hands

Created for the last president Kirshner


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb