Mendoza, Cordoba and Beyond...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

buenos dias y´all!!!!!! in buenos aires, i went to stay in the apartment of gabriel (who is still in brazil). tom (travelor from before who is also staying in gabriel´s apartment) and i decided to have a little barbecue with some friends. the apartment complex is a pretty nice place, with an option to use the swimming pool and grill in the patio on the first floor. there we had a good barbecue, and i started trying to catch some things in my mouth, you know food tricks. at some point i decided to toss a piece of steak in tom´s direction, and in that moment, something clicked in each one of our heads- a food fight was born. the ammunition was left over barbecue, mostly chorizo (sausages) and some pieces of steak. you can tell where you got hit not by any red marks, but from the grease marks that sausages leave behind on your body. most of the sausages fell apart, but there was one good piece of steak that worked the entire time. there may have been meat floating in the pool when we were done, but its not my apartment so everything is cool.

after that, i flew to mendoza, tasted some wines, saw the biggest mountain in the americas, witnessed a mini tornado on the hillside coming toward our group, pass over the laguna, pick up some water, and go right through us (maybe about 30 yards in diameter), we all just stared at it and thought ¨how beutiful!¨ but when it was blowing rocks and dust in my face i thought ¨how stupid!¨ in the end it was awesome! and i must add, i am awesome. and at this time i would like to take a moment of silence to reflect on this.......

after mendoza, i went to cordoba where i am now. there are some little mountains outside of the city that i wanted to take a look at, and get a feel for the city. i am here only 2 days. my real mission is to get to northern argentina asap. salta is the next stop where i will spend a few days before moving on to bo bo bo, li li li, via via via, Viva Bolivia!

Advertisement



26th March 2007

awesomeness
as i read your fascinating tale, i could not but help thinking 'this guy is awesome". the moment of silence only helped to further that conviction. thank you, sun

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb