Little week-end in Cordoba...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
March 24th 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another week-end, and another venture out of Buenos Aires. I've jsut calculated it, we should have visited 15 at least of the 23 provinces of Argentina this year...not bad, and for sure more than most people leaving in Buenos Aires.



So this week-end, we head for the dry Cordoba...except that when we arrived at 7am on the Saturday morning, it is raining in Cordoba...and that's not normal. The good news, by lunch time, the rain had disappeared.



Cordoba is an interesting city, but nothing really amazing beside the Manazana Jesuitica. We arrived by 7am, and on the Sunday lunch time it was already back to head home on the 10 hours ride.



What i love about Argentina is their huge collection of small...and pretty good museums. These cost may be max 2usd per adult, free for the kids, and take never more than an hour to go around. That's a perfect balance with children....they enjoy it...without having the time to get bored!



I really wanted to visit the Museo de la Memoria, dedicated to the 30,000 people who disappeared during the dictature, mainly during the years 1975 to 1978. The Lonely Planet said it was open on Saturday, they were wrong, it was closed for the all week-end.



But than we made it for a pretty amazing 90 minutes visit of the Manzana Jesuitica with a great english speaking guide. She was actually pretty impressed with the interest of Leslie in the place. Ok, put it simply, a with a new Pope from Argentina, being the first Jesuit Pope, and the fact that he has worked in Cordoba...that's putting a lot of things in perspective.



Cordoba architecture is really no interesting beside the few Jesuits building...I had been warned. This is clearly no a city where we would love to live.



We had lunch in the Mercado Norte...the place is getting pretty busy in preparation for Easter arriving the next week-end. Dinner was a great parrilla...I know, one more. I can't imagine how th kids will miss all this great meat once we'll be back in Bangkok end of the year....that's life!



We also spent some time trying to find new school shoes for Leslie...as they come back from school way too late....and we are way to busy travelling around...and this little guy is groin up soon.



I have to admit, not the most interesting entry for Argentina....but I have promised myself that would see properly Argentina...and time the kids spend on the road discovering...is time they don't spend in front of their computers....parents with teenagers will laugh and understand that one.



We leave in a few hours for another 18 hours bus ride...this time for something the kids will not forget tomorrow...and I've check the weather forecast...should be amazing....with sadly huge crowds this time...it's Semana Santa....the all continent is on holidays...we too!



Coming back very soon with a way more fun entry...and hopefully cool pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb