Cordoba + Alta Gracia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
March 6th 2013
Published: April 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

06/03-07/03: Cordoba / Alta Gracia




Was time for us to move on and we said good-bye to B.A to pursue our travel up north.

We stopped for a couple of days in Cordoba, second biggest city of Argentina and famous for its universities. A lot of personalities, women and men have been studying here. It is a modern city rich in culture and historical heritage. Been declared the South American Capital of Culture since 2006. We visited Alta Gracia - a little town situated only 30 min away from Cordoba as it has been home to the Guevara de la Sierra Family from 1935 to 1943. The Guevara family were seeking a better location for Ernesto´s (Che Guevara's) asthma and Alta Gracia was famous for its dry wholesome air. Despite his asthma , Ernesto (Che) was very active and practiced several sports and acquired a spirit of discipline and self-control. He became an avid reader of Jules Verne, Emile Zola, Horacio Quiroga, Anatole France , among others. The house exhibits photographs from "the Che" as a boy and follows him during his life. One can see him during his childhood and teenage years, through his trips in Latin America both as a revolutionary man and ideologist and ending with the tragic legacy of his death. There is still the bike he used during his trips in Latin America : the 500cc Norton - so called Poderosa II.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb