Welsh Tea in Gaiman


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Gaiman
December 4th 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A Welsh TeaA Welsh TeaA Welsh Tea

Just the thing to make you feel REALLY fat!
Gaiman is a small town some 17 km from Trelew and famous for its Welsh tea houses. Who were we to say no?

After traipsing around and seeing the Welsh chapels and the first house to be built in the town, we tried to do the cultural thing and see the museums - but they were never open. We gave up at 3.20 (they were supposed to open at 3pm and we had already wandered around since 11am) and went for our tea. Inside Ty Gwyn (White House in Welsh) it was like something straight out of the Welsh valleys. The tea was amazing with so much bread and butter, scones, and a large variety of sweet cakes. We felt really gordo afterwards!!

We even heard some Welsh being spoken in the street. Even though we don’t understand it, we can recognise the language and it is lovely to hear.

Iechyd Da (pronounced something like Yakki Dah). Good day to you all!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The Cardiff Tea HouseThe Cardiff Tea House
The Cardiff Tea House

Princess Di went here - we didn´t!
What a load of rubbish!What a load of rubbish!
What a load of rubbish!

Literally! This is the Parc Desafilo where there are sculptures made of rubbish. The largest in the world apparently.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb