Buenos Aires Tigre Delta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 22nd 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

As my husband is not keen on cities we booked this excursion with HAL expecting to see the countryside. The drive north was about an hour and quite quickly we left the city although for more than a mile we drove past the water treatment facility! Not really a fascinating site but our guide talked about it as if it was.
There was a brief stop for coffee or ice cream but we did not have cash so missed the treat. On arrival at the ParanĂ¡ river we joined another coach load to go aboard a river cruiser. The boat took us for an hour viewing summer homes that are only reached by boat. We saw some wildlife in the form of birds, mainly cormorants and there were residents on some jetties but it was not the countryside as we'd anticipated. Apparently the nature reserve area is twice as far as we had time to visit.
Whilst the guides were quite entertaining and chatted about how city folk come out here to relax there was not much to see or remember. Neither did we have time for the promised stop to explore on the way back.

Advertisement



18th July 2017

Tigre Delta
Sorry that this tour was not as good as expected. Did you get some good pictures?

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb