ACABAR!!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 9th 2006
Published: February 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

RHYS!RHYS!RHYS!

He´s lovin it, isn´t it boyo?!
So, after school we go to Cala Pizza, a little bar/cafe/pizza/empanada place next to the school for a quick beer and empanada.

Quick sidestep. Empanadas. They´re like little cornish pasties. It freaked me out the first day I was here, when I was on the bus and out of the window I saw a heard of giant cornish pasties wandering around.

Anyway, we were trying to decide where to go last night, as we wanted to go somewhere different, somewhere in an area we´d not been before.

So we asked Andrea, our friendly waitress, who has been excellent the whole time we´ve been here, to help us out. "Why don´t you go to Acabar?" she asks, "they have lots of board games".

I have to admit I was not initially enthusiastic, but went with it. Oh, and we invited Andrea to join us when she finished work.

Anyway, on to Acabar. We arrive, and the place is jammed full of porteños all in groups at various tables, shouting and screaming at each other as they play pictionary or dominoes or cluedo or connect 4 or Jenga or..... Well, you get the picture!!

We get oursleves
With AndreaWith AndreaWith Andrea

If you´re ever in Cala Pizza, say hi for me!
a table, and to start with we´re very good, and play palabras prohibidos. It´s basically taboo, in spanish, a perfect opportunity to practice our vocab!

After that we stuck to Jenga and the like.

Anyway, a bizarrely excellent night was had by all. Highly recommended.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

GroupGroup
Group

In the bar we went to after


9th February 2006

Who ate all the pies
Billy, that second photo aint doing you no favours, PS hope you have are keeping my clover safe
9th February 2006

Last night BA
Hey billy, you sound like you're having a ball without us mate. that's envy speaking. Maybe next week, I'll have some pics from my birthday night out to share with you! Where next? The girls send their love. Be good and keep safe matey. XX

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb