You´ve been Tango´d!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 30th 2005
Published: October 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Having got settled in Buenos Aires and lost the tension brought on by such mammoth road trips, me and Rich decided to have a night on the town.

Rich was looking particularly gangster in a sharp new pinstripe suit as we set forth. And what else would you go and see in this old town apart from a Tango Show! Determined to do this in style, we ordered the most expensive champagne and got the best seats in the house next to the dance floor and waited for the show to begin. By which time we were already on our third bottle of champagne ofthe night.


Anyway, let me say this, it was AMAZING! a four piece band with a guy on the accordian who reminded me of Don Corleone. The sort of dude with such a weathered and lined face you cant imagine that he was ever any different. Like he was instantly 70 years old when he was born. cool. 3 slinky tango couples then proceeded to sashay about so fast you couldnt actually see their legs moving it was just a blur. But then again, by this time, even stationary items were looking a bit blurry to me! Even Rich really enjoyed the show, but it wasnt quite as memorable as the Rich Twitch. You´ll have to see the films we took on the picture. (Sadly not of the Rich twitch) unfortunately though at the mo, we are having probs finding internet cafes where we can upload piccys.

And of course, Argentina isnt just the land of Gauchos, Tango, cheap Champagne, it is also home to the STEAK! A fact that Rich wasnt going to miss out on. So after walking past a window (the night before, that is) with the carcasses of about 20 pigs in various states of cremation, we went in. Rich got a bit worried the portions wouldnt be big enough and proudly announced he was thinking about ordering the meal for 5 people, but I talked him out of such folly, having spied a few Oprah sized steaks a-cooking. Its a shame we cant get the pictures online yet cos our dinners turned out to be HUUUUUGE! My ´ribs´ materialised as the three thickest pork chops in the world. Looked like they came from a dinosaur. Riches mixed grill made a Black Boy Pub Mixed grill look like an appetiser. I completed failed to scoff more than half of my dinner, but Rich, having spent the last year "impressing" me with such chat up lines as "I can eat sandwiches so big they have a whole days calories in them´ and "I ate so much last Christmas I couldn´t sit down." How can anyone not still living in a cave fail to be impressed with this caveman? Therefore I was obliged to pressure Rich to eat so much he felt sick, and we had to go straight home. haha. god bless Argentina. And tonight, we are off for another....

Advertisement



1st November 2005

well done tiger
Haha!Well done for making Rich eat his word!litturally!(mind the spelling, being Finnish and all)It snowed here,last week!WHEE! Its back to being +10degrees.bollocks.loved the snow. Keep up the good job soldier! Love ya!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb