Blog 1 from South America!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! We made it here in one piece, Jamie got 3 films in on the plane, afraid I fell asleep in Pirates of the Carribean.
We love Argentina! Buenos Aires es muy excelente! Had sunny weather to explore the city which was cool. Did a bus tour to see the highlights then went back to check out the best bits. Loads of impressive colonial buildings to see, and a really funky massive metal flower that opens and shuts like a real flower. We went to several markets and a trip round a really eerie cemetery where Evita was buried. They´re still burying folk there now (rich ones).

Saw some tango, but haven´t been able to take part yet. Prbably the best bit so far was our trip to the estancia - a hostel out in the countryside around BA. We were the only ones there with the owner, Manuel, and his nephew, Jose. Neither spoke a word of English forcing us to practice our Spanish. Think we did quite well chatting with them (sort of) and playing cards until after midnight. Poor weather stopped us doing much yesterday, but we got a few hours riding today, which pleased Jen no end and left me with a swollen bum.

He did do really well though with lots of cantering, and even admitted he might be persuaded to do it more often! - hooray! So now we are back in our hostel in Buenos Aires, tomorrow we are off to catch a ferry to Uruguay. We´ve really packed it in so far, but it´s been great and looking forward to many more adventures. Hope everyone back home is getting over the temporary loss of us (probably already saying Jenny who?).

Chau

Jenny & Jamie

PS Sorry no photos yet as the PCs here are rubbish.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb