Finnally have some time to write


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
September 5th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

WEll I arrived and I have been so tired. The first day we arrived we got no sleep on the plane so when we got into to our hotel we Slept for several hours. Then got up and realized it being a saturday that all of the travel agencies were closed so we were unable to make arrangements to get to the other parts of the country. Woke up around 4 PM. So needed sleep. Still do.

Finnally found a place that was open but air travel arrangements were not an option, So opted for a plan B. We arranged for a bke tour the following day of the city. This ended up being a perfect choice because the city is less busy on the weekends. Atleast as far as not getting yourself killed on bikes. Did some looking in the shops but opted not to buy anything. The costs of things are more expensive then they were about a year or so ago. We enjoyed a nice dinner in the Recotla distrct than headed back to the hotel. There was a sweet message waiting for me from my Argentina friend Venesa. We will be seeing here tonight.

On sunday we had a lazy morning then headed out to ride.. It was ok weather for a bike ride. A little cloudy and about in the 60.s. Wish it was warmer, but it is not even spring yet here. We went to the La boca district it was so cool very festive place. Colorful, and is where the tango, originated. Got asked to dance tango, by one of the street performers, I declined, I think I need about 200 lessons. Took photos. Not quite advanced enought to put photos on this yet. We also rode in to a nature reserve which really was a swamp with roads. It is on the river. But a nice excape from the city. We returned to see some of the historical sites. Lots of historical sites for San martian Great liberator of south america. Also went to the antigue districts. Lots of people on the streets and street performers there too. No shortage of entertainment.

Returned to book a dinner and tango show. Such a totally y dance. WE sat next to a couple from Briton. They were retired and enjoying traveling around. He was quite the character. The show was nice very traditional, romatic singing. y dancing, and dramatic music. THe show included dinner which was as it should be exspected not so good. but included wine as much as you wanted. So everyone left the place in a wonderful mood. All of the people were older. I guess the tango seemed to have got the men sort of hot and bothered there were discussions about Viaga on the ride home on the bus. Louise there is a market here. Thier wifes just laughted it off.

Today We made arrangements to head out to salta and the Iwazu. It should be nicer there with the weather. FOund out that the airfare are cheaper if you make the arrangemetns here instead of outside of the country. The rest of the day we may try to see some more sights and we will be getting together with Vanesa. Should be fun till next time, Rebecca

Advertisement



6th September 2005

La Boca
I'm so jealous! Where to next, Iguazu or Salta? Hoser

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb