Back to BA


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Scrabble championScrabble championScrabble champion

We are entering a new era of Scrabble supremacy.
Cafayate turned out to be amazing. It was such a quaint little town, so quiet and relaxing. And in addition, we both decided it was probably one of the most beautiful places on earth. Because of they way the town is situated between mountains, they have what they call a ´microclimate´. It would be cloudy above the mountains all around you, but right there in the valley, it was always sunny. It only rains 10 days a year there so it´s pretty amazing that they have such fertile soil and can make such great wine there.

The first night we were there we took advantage of the relaxed pace and sat at a cafe for a few hours to play Scrabble. I beat Seth for the first time ever! We then went to a little local place for dinner. Our spanish is improving, but it still needs some work because Seth asked for something like the following, in Spanish of course, "Hello, I is liking to watch our nenu (´n´ not a typo) of desserts, thanks much very". Say it with a Borat accent in your head - HILARIOUS!

The next day we toured some vineyards and had
Outside of our roomOutside of our roomOutside of our room

Sitting outside of our room in Cafayate
a picnic with some Brits. It was nice to find some people to speak fluent English with. We spent the rest of the day relaxing then headed back to Salta yesterday morning. Once again, the drive was beautiful and adventurous - where else can you see a herd of cattle just moseying down the street?

We arrived back in BA last night about 11 and grabbed a late dinner. Don´t ask the concierge where you can get some good Italian food around here, they´ll send you to the most expensive place in town. Luckily, there was a great place right across the street for much less.

We´re headed out now in totally sunny skies to do some final exploring around the city. Our flight leaves tomorrow night so we have almost two more full days to enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Claudia & SethClaudia & Seth
Claudia & Seth

Standing out in the middle of nowhere.
Bodega EtchartBodega Etchart
Bodega Etchart

Having a picnic with the Brits and Estela, our wonderful tour guide.
La Casa de EmpanadasLa Casa de Empanadas
La Casa de Empanadas

Seth loves empanadas.


10th May 2007

NICE (say as Borat)
Glad to see that the weather is cooperating. You'll come back with some rcommendations for some fine Argentinian wines, Im sure. Claudia - Perhaps the crosswording we did while Seth was involved with the draft was just enough to hone your skills to beat him in Scrabble, CONGRATS!!! Enjoy the remainder of your vacation and we are looking forward to hear lots of details upon your return. Travel safely.
11th May 2007

Thanks for the Ride!
It's been a delight travelling along with you. Sounds like it's been a great vacation...Can't wait to hear more about it when you get back. Enjoy, enjoy!
11th May 2007

finally!
Thanks for bringing me into the loop - it looks and sounds like you two are having a great time! Would it surprise you to know I'm listening to Evita as I'm looking through this? Enjoy the rest of the trip - can't wait to hear more and see all the pictures :)

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb