We made it


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled Rookie blogger - I forgot to publish this yesterday...

After a little delay in Newark, we finally landed here at about 10am Thursday morning. The flight was long, but we were prepared with our travel accessories (only the finest neck pillows from The Sharper Image for us!). We made it through customs without a hitch and got in a cab for the 30 min ride from the aeropuerto to downtown.

Our hotel seems great and most people speak English. We're trying to at least attempt to communicate in Spanish but that is going to take some warming up to. After checking into our hotel room, we walked down the street and found a place we could sit outside and grab a bite to eat. Two sandwiches and a bottle of wine and our bill was only $20!! They weren´t kidding when they said things were cheap here. We´re meeting up with our friend Arkady (Seth´s friend from Boca and college) and some of his friends tonight. He´s been living here for a few months so he´ll be a good tour guide. We´re looking forward to some of that famous beef and nightlife!

More tomorrow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Seth at LunchSeth at Lunch
Seth at Lunch

Seth enjoying our first lunch in Argentina
Forest HillsForest Hills
Forest Hills

Who knew there was a Forest Hills in Argentina. For you non-New Yorkers (Forest Hills is the neighborhood in Queens where Seth lived until he was 8)


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb