Day 3 - Touristy docks, Tigre rain and more meat!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
April 21st 2007
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Down in Puerto MaderoDown in Puerto MaderoDown in Puerto Madero

Down in the new dock area
The more time in BA the more we realised you could stay here for a lot longer than 5 days.

Spent the morning strolling (yes Danielle almost strolls these days) around the dock area that has been redone which was nice. Found all the touristy restaurants and confirmed that you could eat just as well for half the price and dress code and saw some cool architecture. As we made our way back up into town we took a look at the shopping district (again) had more nice coffee (again) etc.

The afternoon was spent on a mini tour to Tigre which is a holiday spot for rich locals about an hour out of BA. It is on a river and looks a bit like Berowra Waters or that sort of gig. It was good but the constant pouring rain put a bit of a dampner on things! You couldn't see out of the boat we were on! We did manage to do some shopping at a surprisingly cheap market on the way home which pleased Dan no end.

That night we caught the metro over to Palermo to another hostel for an Asado night. After a
Plaza de MayoPlaza de MayoPlaza de Mayo

The Pink house where El Presidente works.
few hiccups dinner was served and we met some nice people from the US, a nutter from Scotland and a bit of an embarassing Aussie from Perth. There was also the odd travel wanker around but you get that.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Tigre Tigre
Tigre

The boat tour in the rain.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb