productive week


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
July 27th 2005
Published: August 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

hey guys.. well this week i have my spanish class all sorted out and i love it. my teacher is so good. the books that we learn from are quit shitty but my teacher explains things well and understands english. i have had a productive week so far. we did not go out nearly as much or stay up so late becuase we were all drained from last week. i finally did some sight seeing. i went to the casa rosada )pink house) like the white house , were the president work. i saw the balcony that evita and madonna spoke to the crowd. it is really funny becuase everyday down that street there are always protest. the locals are so use to it. the protests blocks a block and there are many people with signs making loud noise. the other important congress and goverment buildings are there tambien. then i walked down calle florida- the main pedestrian street for shopping. lots of street entertainment like street tango, people who pretend to be robots, magacians...

this city is so stylish. they are in love with decorations and art. today i went to the andy warhol exhibit. got to see lots of his paintings. saw the famous marilyn and some soup cans.. couldnt take any pictures. then i went to the free exhibit. i saw local artist. one section was about perception. it was very interesting the paintings were some sort of cubism... lots of shapes mainly black and white with hints of color. set up throughout were glass with weird shapes so when you look through one and look at the paintings they get all contorted. i think my favorite section was one with tires and cars. this guys decorated cars and made miniture ones like the car. then took pictures and made storyboards. it was funny. when i download pictures i will show you my favorite picture.it is this little island in a busy intersection.. about art.. i have noticed it is very important in this culture. all the people want to look good and stylish with hair, clothes, accessories. the buildings are beautiful and lots of parks and statues.. the services here are so cheap. hair cuts are like 12 pesos. i guess it is like the milan of south america..

yesterday was the anniversary of the death of evita. went to her grave.. stood in line.. lots of people mourning with flowers. i was thanked three times for coming and paying my respects to her even though i am not argentinan.... honestly, i think evita and the peron era was not very good.. i do not see way they are so idealized..
tomorrow i go to a tango show. canĀ“.t hardly wait.

Advertisement



28th July 2005

way cool
Hi, Like your journal entries. Pictures add a touch of reality that allows me to imagine your text messages...keep up the journal entries.
8th August 2005

wow i wish i could be there...

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb