2022 Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 10th 2022
Published: March 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

... de paso por Misiones & Corrientes ...




Back to my country after four year: "asados, helados de la Bambi, facturas"... and the secondary school reunion after 30 years. I visited places from my childhood and I met with friends. It is nice to experience the wonderful scent of the air after a rain shower, the aroma of the "asado" coming from the streets and the pleasant summer mornings drinking mate or having a "café con leche con medialunas"at a cafetería in Junín, after 33 years of sporadic visits.

During this long stay in Argentina, we had a three weeks scape to the Northeast, the province of Misiones. Misiones owes its name to the XVIII century Jesuits who had the mission to Christianise the local guaraní population. It took us a day to arrive in El Soberbio, a town with a protestant church, legacy of German an Eastern European immigration. This place is the only gateway to the Moconá falls,"Saltos del Moconá": a geological fault in the bed of the river Uruguay that divides the river lengthwise and creates a waterfall of 3km long. We were lucky, we did the boat trip along the falls, since the water level was low, otherwise the waterfalls will disappear under the river. Next day, we crossed the Parque Nacional Iguazú driving along the Ruta Nacional RN101, a colourful dust road, a green tunnel that ends in Puerto Iguazú, the gate to The Iguazú Falls (a basalt cliff of lava between Brazil and Argentina). Before leaving Misiones province, we visited the Unesco World Heritage site: the Jesuit Missions San Ignacio Mini at 244 km South of Puerto Iguazú. These ruins are a small show of the work carried out by the missionaries between 1696 and 1767 until the expulsion of this order by Carlos III of Spain.

After a long drive we entered Corrientes province. Our first stop was the city of Ituzaingó to have a drink. It was a lovely summer afternoon full with families enjoying the summer holidays at the banks of the river Paraná. Our last destination was Estancia San Juan Poirahú, a jesuit farm on the West side of "Esteros del Iberá", Iberá Wetlands, a park with swamps, marshes, lagoons and amazing animals. We stayed three days in this Estancia where we enjoyed typical countryside Argentinian food and the company of the farm host, Marcos, who showed us how to fish pirañas and to feed the hungry yacarés in the swamps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 99, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

General ArenalesGeneral Arenales
General Arenales

El invernadero
General ArenalesGeneral Arenales
General Arenales

La Santa Teresita
JunínJunín
Junín

La Laguna de Gómez
JunínJunín
Junín

Dani
JunínJunín
Junín

Peluquería el Trébol
JunínJunín
Junín

Reunión de amigos
JunínJunín
Junín

Rosana y Dani
La BambiLa Bambi
La Bambi

Musse de chocolate y dulce de leche
JunínJunín
Junín

Univeridad del Noroeste
JunínJunín
Junín

El ferrocarril
JunínJunín
Junín

Registro civil donde se casó Evita Perón
JunínJunín
Junín

Biblioteca Dante Balestros
JunínJunín
Junín

Silvia
JunínJunín
Junín

Ever y Silvia
ArribeñosArribeños
Arribeños

Cotto, Beltrán, Thiago, Junior y Guadi
CórdobaCórdoba
Córdoba

Villa General Belgrano


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb