Buenos Aries: With Tour


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » San Pedro
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Things I did today.

Visited the cemetary. It was raining and very spooky. Luckily I ran into Tracey and JP at the hotel and invited them along. Lynsey also decided to come. Saw Evita´s grave.

Visited La Boca Again. Had the best hot chocolate with real melt in your mouth chocolate. Unforutnatly I didn´t realise it was there to begin with so I thought this hot chocolate is like hot milk. Half way thorugh I had a very pleasant surprise.

Tango Show: Was a bit of a rip off but had to do it for the team bonding. Like the french show on contiki.

Group consists of 15 tourists

Juan - Our Leader: Very good and experienced Aregentinian. Knows exactly how to talk with everyone and what to say to make everyone feel at ease and feel like they are the most important person to visit South America if you know what I mean.

Lyndsey - UK girl 23: shared room with her most times. Bit of a party girl and likes to go out all night. Bit of a probelm when there is only one key so I have to leave the door unlocked. Have taken to wearing my money belt to bed. It will feel weird when I take it off when I get home.

Anna & Seb Finnish couple: Very nice and friendly. Do there own thing a bit. But they still manage to go out at night.

Tracey and JP (John Paul) - Irish husband & wife: Very nice but do tend to go out at night.

Sean and Ritchie - Aussie boys from Melbourne: Very nice but total party boys. It is all about the next club they can go too. Drinking Drinking etc. There hours are during the night and teh day is for sleeping it off. Ritchie loves hearing me talk cos he hasn´t heard the aussie accent for weeks. (apart from Sean).

Nick and Syd - UK friends: Nice enough but typical British boys. The accent gets annoying how does Prince Charles put up with it. They really only care about getting to the next bar and soccer. went to a casino the other night.

Neil - Scots guy: very nice and friendly. Was cultutred enough to know the movie The Sting (Lynsey hadn´t heard of it) but loves drinking yet again.

Chase and Julia - work friends from NY and Florida: Very nice for USA people. IT and accountant respectively. Still they are american and have that vibe (you know what I mean). Again party people.

Fiorelli - Is with us for a bit as a trainee tour leader. Nice but kind of keeps to herself. Probably stressed as she is taking out her first group in 2 weeks.

All: None of the group have a money belt except the two aussie boys but they don´t wear it under their clothes but put it in their pocket.
Apart from JP above none of them have made the effort to learn spanish.
All of them are nice but as I mentioned in my text to Mum they aren´t really PLU´s.

Apart from

Kirsten - Denmark woman 31: She is a librarian ie. a professional. Didn´t really know who she was originally but got to know her in later days. My kind of wavelength. The day is for travelling and you don´t need to write yourself off at night. Knows how to wonder around and browse but get stuff done.

Edith - Scandinavian 26: Bit of loner but she speaks lots of Spanish and is independent. I like her cos went to the effort to get a thermos from the hotel people so we could use our martes (traditional tea bowls).

These guys are doing a gap trip cos there aren´t any scandinavian guides for south america so like me it is for convienence not the party.

For instance we just arrived at our hotel and wondered down to the square. They practically ran past everything. I stopped to browse and then when we got to the square I took some photos. They whizzed past and didn´t stop until they reached ...........
You guessed it McDonalds!!!!!!

I then caught up to them and got a sprite and said I was going into the jewellery store. So I decided to do my own strolling until it got dark so I then went back to the hotel to do theis internetting.

The parts we are staying in (i.e. our hotles) are really safe (well just like Melbourne then). South America gets such a bad wrap. It is so much better than Vietnam. You can walk around by yourself during the day. You don´t get hassled or anything. So I think nights are for the party people and days are for me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb