First week in the Paris of South America


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
November 16th 2015
Published: November 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Having arrived in BAs, we thought we would jump right back to Spring, but instead it rained so hard the first day we got here, they actually had to cancel Argentina vs Brazil (futbol/soccer that is)! In the meantime it has cleared up nicely and we've been spending many hours of walking, biking, sitting on terrases already. We also started doing some planning finally - next week we both have 20 hours of Spanish classes, we booked tickets to a Polo match and we're going to see some local futbal teams play against each other (neither one we've ever heard about, but Boca Juniors just won the title 2 weeks ago and they won't be playing anymore while we're here). The week after next, we'll be visiting Urugay on a short trip.

Today we cashed in on a gift we got from friends back home and we did a 7-hour guided biking tour across the city. It was amazing! Thank you all! We now know all about Argentinian and Buenos Aires history, where to eat and which places to visit (also outside of Argentina, thanks to one of the three guides who's Brazilian).

Looking forward to next week!

Advertisement



17th November 2015

So far so good!
Hi Manyana - happy to see you're already at it!!
17th November 2015

Reply
Loving it! Need to wind down even more though. Still feel like I have to do everything there is to do in the next 2 weeks. Getting the hang of it though ;-)

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb