Last Week In Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 30th 2015
Published: February 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We started our last week with dinner with friends of Mark's from Chevron. A few live here in BA and one is on a trip with three friends. We had a fun dinner at Camp Bravo, we ordered many items and shared the food, the wine and conversation flowed. We went out to a club after and we did not get back to our apartment until after 3 am. We were surprised to see how many people were out in the middle of the night.

We also visited Casa Rosada, the President of Argentina holds meeting here. Evita also addressed the people from the balcony.

We were on our way to La Boca to watch fireworks. This was a questionable decision to begin with, people get robbed in La Boca in the middle of the day. A famous firework designer had designed the fireworks to go with Tango music. We got on a bus from Puerto Madero and headed to La Boca. The traffic was so bad the bus just creeped along. We got to La Boca and just followed the crowd. We were there about an hour before the fireworks started and by the time they did the crowd was so large, like a sea of people. The fireworks were great but we were worried about getting out of there. There are no metro stations in La Boca. We decided to leave before the fireworks ended in hopes of catching the bus. It took a long time to fight through the crowd. We had to push and shove to get out of there. We followed a big guy who pushed his way through. We got through the worse part and I saw a bus, it was not at a bus stop and it was not the bus we wanted but I banged on the door and they let us in. The bus was full so I sat on the step the whole way back. It took a long time the bus could only creep through the crowd. When the bus finally reached an area where it could start to move the whole bus cheered. Yea on our way. The bus took us to Retiro station, also a scary place at night but only a block from the metro. Too bad it took us so long to get back the Metro was closed. We walked for a while and waited at a bus stop but gave up and hailed a cab.

We visited Museo Fortabat, it is located in Puerto Madero. It is a collection of art donated by a rich family. We also walked along the water in Puerto Madero.

We visited the Museo Evita which we walked to from our apartment. It was a hot day and the Museo was nice and cool. We learned a lot about Evita. The Museo is located in what was a home for children set up by one of Evita's foundations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb