It´s a journey


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 1st 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thinking I´m superman, I´m cazy I knowThinking I´m superman, I´m cazy I knowThinking I´m superman, I´m cazy I know

If you look really closely, you´ll see a spec in the sky, that´s me, 60 meters up, about to go from 0 - 80kph in 3 seconds. Note this photo, is full resolution, so blow it up, and zoom in.
It´s monday now, and the my journey keeps getting more interesting. A note to people who are reading his blog, who haven´t meet me before. I beleive that traveling is about so much more than just, seeing things. It´s about meeting people, it´s about understanding things, and more than that it´s about a personal journey. Traveling for me, is not only a holiday but a growing experiance. For that reason, this travel blog is going to be about more than my physical travels, but also about my metaphysical journey. If you ask me this is the most important bit. Somtimes I like to speculate about the meaning of life, and this is jsut that, specualtion, i don´t claim to know anything, so all thoughts are most welcome. Anyhow more about that latter.

On Sunday me, 3 loverly ladies from Peru, and 2 poms, went to a fair, in a place called triste´at least that´s what i think it´s called. Lara and I had actually been there 2 days before, to some markets, so it was kinda de ju vu´. I think I´ll probably end up going there again, for a ride on the river, and maybe just to hang out,
Collective PrayerCollective PrayerCollective Prayer

Were more scared than it looks. This is moments before we were expecting to die. Ohh did I mention it was really cold.
as it´s such a pretty place, with a spectacular river front, and tree´s and open spaces. Somthing that I really miss from back home. Anyhow, were at this theme park thing, we went on all the ussual rollercosters, rides ect. then we decided that that was not enough, and that we´d do somthing silly. Have a look at the photo´s they kinda tell the story. Anyhow it was a good day. I haven´t been to a theme park for years, and it was good fun, it took my back to my childhood. We even got fairy floss. On sunday I ahd a quiet night. Watched "crash" with Sandra Bullock, it was really really good, my type of movie. I strongly recomend it to anyone. What´s more watching it with such a hot chick was well wicked. Sorry I´m taking the piss, just had to say somthing silly lol.

Monday had school, learn´t lots of verbs, excitment, excitment. Walked around for a while after school as I had abit, of time to kill, anyhow I´m sitting in a park, writing in my book, listening to music, chillin out. And I´m watching this cop burn about bellow me on this quad
Intense Yeah !Intense Yeah !Intense Yeah !

The rush was beyond words, it was just well wicked proper. If you want to know about it, do it.
bike, anyhow, he must have picked me for a forang, cus he comes up to me. I´m like what´s going on, I hope he doesn´t find the oz of coke in my bag, otherwise I´m dead. Anyhow he yaks away for a bit, I polietly tell him, I don´t speak much spanish, he yaks some more, so I tell him, he needs a nose job, but somthing I learn´t about other languages, is if you say it as if it´s somthing nice, you can get away with it. Finally he starts making hand signals, like a card. So I get out my ID, he glances at it for half a sec, and walks away. how rude, atleast he could have said nice photo, or somthing, anyhow such is life. I worked out he must have just been after a bribe. Poor guy, he´s probably on like 10-15 usd a day. I spend that on dinner and drinks, without thinking twice, and I don´t have a family and bills. this might sound weird, but i don´t mind that happening, like the fact is he´s poor, and I´m rich, and he´s just trying to get by. By the way i didn´t ahve
Roller CostersRoller CostersRoller Costers

Man I havn´t done this stuff for since a school excursion in like year 8, it was well wicked.
an drugs on me, I was only joking.

Anyhow up the top, I said I was going to talk about my metaphysical travels. well i´ve been doing some writting and I´ve come up with some new conceptial idears. Here that are.

Ok we humans are primal creaters. The way our bodies are chemically wired, is somthing that we can´t control. Posible we can control our thoughts but not our urges, and feelings. in the west espaically people supress there emotions, and try to control them. In argintina, and from what I hear south america, people are alot warmer. They hug and kiss strangers all the time. Even men hug and give a kiss, to strangers as a form of greating. there are lots of public desplays of affection. Everywhere you you go you see couples snogging in public. I think it´s beacuse they ahve learnt not to supress there feelings.

Anyhow we as a society have been tought that anger is bad, love is good, supress anger, feel guilty about this, fear that. I don´t think that guilt is a naturally occuring emotion, but a learnt one, although I´m not 100% sure on this. So from a
Plain and simple pretty.Plain and simple pretty.Plain and simple pretty.

Treste´s water front is beautful, even if the water looks like the Themes.
young age we are tought that if we do somthing bad, we should feel guilty about it. But you can´t control your emotions, if you feel angry, then so be it. there is no need to feel guilty about it, because the anger happened, and you can´t help it. It´s like modesty, is not natural, it´s leanrt, that´s why young kids run around naked, because they ahve not yet learnt to be modest. I´m a strong beleiver that everyone always does there best, because you make decisions based on who you are, so therefore the decison you make is the best one you can at the time, and it is these decisions, that make you who you are. I think it is the same with feelings, if you feel somthing embrace it, don´t feel guilty about it. guilt is a horrible feeling, but if you relise you always do your best by defualt then there is no need to feel guilty. If you surpress your feelings, I think you are being dishonest to yourself and to the world. Hume, writes about how all actions are based on passion not reason, and I beleive that passion is the insperation for all actions. I also beleive that fear, is one of the worst things in the world. Somone once said "we need fear nothing at all except fear itself" i think it was thedore rosevelt, but I´m not sure. If i´m going to be afraid, it´s a chemical reaction that will occur inside my body, there is nothing I can do about it. I can be sensible, and take precautions, but if it´s going to happen, it´s going to happen, it´s out of my control. Therefore, I don´t fear being mugged, or hurt, because it´s out of my control. I think people fear, fear itself, they are afraid of the horrible feeling that comes into the body, when somthing scary is happening to there body, but what they don´t relise that by fearing, fear, they are placing that horrible feeling apon themselves more than is nescary. I think people need to accept the things that they can´t change.

Ok, so (hypothetically) we no longer fear thigs, and we no longer feel guilty, because we accept that we act naturally, and do our best at all time. We accept the world, and accept there are some things we can´t change. What would happen to society at this point. The 2 emotions of fear and guilt (i call them the black emotions) control society. Criminals fear being caught, so they commit less crime, they fear the consequences. Guilt keeps the population from doing horrible things, because they fear feeling guilt, and no one likes feeling guilt. So how do we keep societal structure, order if you will, without these 2 mechinisims to control the population. well enter the¨"white emotions". Love and respect. If, and it´s a big if, we could live in a world, where people, didn´t do bad things because they loved everyone so much, and people respected everyone imensly, then they would be no crime. no social evils. Now lets think about this, so you might say but love and respect is not going to stop a criminal, but what causes crime, 1) there is need, ie because people are poor. This would be taken care of, by me loving my fellow women (note we always use fellow man, i´m going to use fellow women, just for a change, but it also means man), so much that I can provide for there needs, by charity, and the world produces enough to allow this. Now crime also occurs because of say drugs, now somone on drugs is never going to have enoguh, so what do we do about this, to start with legalisation and harm minamisation, but more we love. We ask why are they on drugs, and we love them till the point where they no longer feel the need for an escape, for somthing to make them feel better, because they feel good enough from our love. What about the fact that not fear, but fear of guilt stop me say emotionally hurting somone, to this I say love with reakless abandoment, then if you get hurt, you shouldn´t feel guilty because you know that you gave it everything you had. Guilt about hurting somone or a realtionship failing is about, I didn´t do enoguh, if only.... well folks you did your best, gave it unrestrained, if it doesn´t work, then so be it, no need to feel guilty though.

Now this little bit of theory on the world is unrefined, early thouhts, it doesn´t deal with hurt - but i think it´s different to fear and guilt. It´s really me wondering what the world would be like with out the black emotions. Nice for sure, but how do we get there. I don´t know, is socialisim the way, i don´t know. It´s hugly utopian, but damn, is there a person out there who does not want a better world. If there is they need a big big hug. Maybe that´s what bush needs, like a world group hug, to make him feel better and stop killing people. One othere thing i should mention, i beleive that everyone deep inside is a good person, even if they do bad things, i beleive everyone is good.

anyhow

best karmic wishes to the world.








Advertisement



2nd August 2006

welcome...
to the buenos aires blogging team. hope you have a wild ride. oh...and nice blog
3rd August 2006

Fully Sik
Dude man, looks like ur having an unreal time. Shame we all aren't there to join in. Take care buddy and see u in good time

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb