Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What a fabulous city! We arrived in a first class cama suite bus, which is basically like flying first class, but on a bus. The seats recline back to 180deg, we got pillows and blankets, we had our own tv screens with movies on demand, and they brought us dinner (along with scotch and wine) and breakfast. So we felt pretty refreshed when we arrived. We made our way down to the local market to do some gift shopping and check out a few sights. Our hostel was in Recoleta which felt just like Paris. Gorgeous Parisian architecture, patisseries and cafés everywhere.

We have spent the last 9 days here, taking our time to check out all the sights. It's been really relaxing not having to cram everything into a few days. We did a graffiti tour, took in a few museums, visited more than a few markets and purchased a bunch of leather goods.

We spent an evening at The Argentine Experience, which was an opportunity to get a taste of Argentinian culture through amazing food and wine. We got to make our own empanadas, and eat an incredible steak, try traditional mate (tea) all accompanied by unlimited Malbec. The night was probably the highlight of our stay in BA.

Our last three nights we decided to spend at a 5 star hotel and sit by the pool for a while, and on our last night, we went to We Are Tango. Over a nice meal, and unlimited wine (again) we got to watch a show about the culture and history of Tango. We had really great seats and the dancers were doing a beautiful tango right in front of our table. At the end, the dancers gave us a short lesson in the complicated steps, and we stumbled back to our hotel.

Tonight, we fly home. We've had an amazing adventure, but we are very much looking forward to being home amongst our family, friends and of course the Chili Dog and Haloumi!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Oscar MunozOscar Munoz
Oscar Munoz

This image was made with cigarette burns


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb