Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 17th 2011
Published: February 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What has struck us about being in this fabulous city is not just the fantastic weather but just how nice the people are.

When we first arrived at our hotel we couldn´t believe how lucky we got with our room. Although we looked like a pair of tramps comparatively to everybody else in the hotel the staff were still as friendly and didn´t recoil from the smell eminating from Lee´s armpits and my feet.

Our first full day was spent traversing the city taking in the sights and heading towards a patch of grass where we could bask in sunshine, read books and drink beer...I know very cultural! Armed only with a map and the very barest of Spanish vocabulary we managed to cross the entire city on foot, visit some interesting historical snaps where Lee got to play with his camera and have a few exchanges with the locals. The funniest being where an Argentinian lady in a shoe shop decides to assist Lee buying a pair of flip flops and he then hands her the shoes believing she works there, expecting her to ferry them to the counter, bag and tag them and see us on our merry way, when actually she was just a fellow shopper herself, pitying both our lack of the language, and now seemingly dire social skills.

In general Buenos Aires is a bustling, friendly, metropolis and the Buenos Aireans are a well presented bunch, making Lee and I appear to be a couple of scruffs, but they are also very romantic people. We love it here as we don´t feel so out of place snoggin in the street, as showing public affection seems to be the norm here in both the young and old.

We´re leaving the city today to catch our plane down to El Calafate.

Ciao





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb