The Great Escape.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 17th 2011
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, on Sunday we finally got the call that the Magellans were letting us leave! We gathered our belongings and headed for the great unknown. We passed one 'barricade' in our minibus, pulling the classic Ali G finger beneath the window and shouting 'gas'. But then we SURPRISINGLY got stopped at the second. And what a barricade it was. At least 50 trucks piled up alongside each other to block the road off with gypsy camps set up for the long haul, no pun intended.

We waited an hour for the next shuttle bus after crossing the barricade of trucks. And just as the bus was about to pull up, a troupe of old people rocked up to knick our seats! Our guide told us we had to give right of way, my arse. I've never seen Laura get so lairy, and then we almost had to wait for another bus! Laura was saying loudly 'They made it all the way to antarctica, yet can't wait for a bus.' watch out les and debs! We hustled and bustled our way onto the bus, ignoring our tour guide. Laura had calmed down at the sight of a few walking sticks and toupees, evidence that they were actually old. At the next barricade, however, we were told that only old people and children were allowed to stay on the bus. So off we got, ready to start our 5k hike to the airport. After getting to the airport we waited 8 hours for a flight to Santiago, slept for a few hours in a makeshift security igloo in the airport before getting to the buenos airies at 9 in the morning. I don't know what Laura expected a representative of Gap adventures to be wearing after 5 days of our trip being cancelled, it turned out she wanted shirt and tie. We got a hasty shower and breakfast before heading to our bus bound for iguacu!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb