Tango in buenes aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 10th 2011
Published: March 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: how it should be done 48 secs
We have now passed through Buenes Aires twice but unwittingly both trips coincided with public holidays. This meant that shops and musuems were shut and every bank that we went to had ran out of money. We began to think that this was just a way of life in B Aires but then happily we experianced the city on a normal day when it came alive and gained a vibrancy that had been erstwhile missing. There is a definate European feel to the city and you could easily mistake streets for those in Madrid, Paris or London - there is however no mistaking the clear skies.

During our travels we have tried to embrace local life maintaining the philosphy when in Rome... so of course in Buenes Aires one has to have a go at Tango. Tom and I had our first lesson. I learnt to walk backwards while Tom learnt to direct me - simple you máy say but my poor feet have the bruises to prove that it is a lot harder than it looks. I think we will be waiting a while before we audition for Strictly Come Dancing. Tom however is keen to give it another go I am holding back a response last until I know whether they make steel capped tango shoes...After our paltry attempts those that have been dancing since being toddlers took to the floor for a milinga and showed us how it should be done by dancing effortlessly into the early hours.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th March 2011

You look great dancing tango on this pictures!!! Someone could think that you are profesionals :) Great pictures and as we can read great travel !!! Have a nice trip and enjoy every moment! Tina&Jan from Slovenia*
19th March 2011

You look great dancing tango on this pictures!!! Someone could think that you are profesionals :) Great pictures and as we can read great travel !!! Have a nice trip and enjoy every moment! Tina&Jan from Slovenia*

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb