Event at the Presential Palace today


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 27th 2010
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is a quiet day to walk around the city, since there is very little traffic because of the census, so I took a series of short walks around the area of the hotel in the microcentro, including to the presential palace. I saw a large assembly of people, some wrapped in the Argentine flag, the one on the standard on the grounds hanging at half mast. Some people were posting papers on the wire fence around the entry to the palace grounds, messages like, thank you Nestor, for all you have done for us. So I surmised, and confirmed with one of the reporters nearby, that this morning the former president and the husband of the current president, passed away in El Calafate in the south. The police opened a gate and let about 100 of us in the grounds, up to the last fence before entering the palace, people calling for the President to come out, which she did not, so after about 15 minutes of this they shooed us out. The clerk at the reception desk at my hotel said that last night when he was going out with friends to a disco, he saw the national plane at the airport getting ready to leave, so the health of the ex president, which was not good, must have gotten worse, so the family left to be with him.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb