Day 1 - London to Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 23rd 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After revelling in our success at making it to the airport on time for our flight despite the 3am start (which followed a late night filled with packing and last minute organizing which we had been too hideously hungover to tackle on Sunday.. I say we but I mean me, to Chris's amusement) we were informed that our flight to Madrid was delayed. If we missed our connecting flight in Madrid we faced a painful 12 hour wait in Madrid airport ahead of a 13 hour flight. So here the fun began! We landed with 15 minutes to spare, and after running across Madrid airport with some newly made friends we made it just in time... the question was: did our luggage???

We eased ourselves into the experience by staying in a rather pleasant private room, with perhaps the best bathroom we'll encounter on this trip, in a Buenos Aires hostel. And yes, our bags did make it, but not without a shampoo explosion in Sophie's (do NOT take Herbal Essences traveling!) We spent a couple of hours musing over the fact that we'd overpacked our bags and trying to repack everything in a more compact fashion. We soon gave up and retired to bed after having been awake for 25 hours!!

Chris's Corner

The late night on Monday was a quick pep talk from me to get Sophie over the nerves and start the excitement... neither of which helped the sleep!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 82; dbt: 0.154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb