Another Lounge Day


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 29th 2009
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woman BridgeWoman BridgeWoman Bridge

Woman Bridge in Buenos Aires
Day 11

This day is another lounge day. We spent the morning watching t.v. in bed and updating our blog with pics and videos. For lunch we walked across the nearby bridge over the old port waterway near our hotel. During the walk over the bridge it began to sprinkle and we quickened our steps. The bridge is called "Woman Bridge". The name is fitting because all of the streets in B.A. are named for women. The restaurant we chose was very tasty! As we ate our lunch the sprinkles turned to rain.

Under the front entryway of the restaurant we waited for the rain to slow. We found our moment and began rapidly walking towards the hotel. All of a sudden, the sky reopened and began dumping water. Luckily, the air is warm and the rain is mostly an annoyance. We look around for somewhere to seek shelter and see a nearby Hooters restaurant. Perfect, we think, for a beer while we wait out the rain.

We sit on the patio of Hooters and order a couple of beers. Hooters remindes us of a dive bar but with less character. The tables are dirty
HootersHootersHooters

Hooters in the background. Who would have known that we would end up there
and the laquer is peeling. The waitresses have small boobs and bellies that look like they are 5 monthes pregnant. The rain begins to lighten so we ask for our bill and make our way back to the hotel for cocktail hour.

Our room is on the 8th floor and comes with the priviledge of an executive lounge. Cocktail hour is free and provides beer, wine, liquor and appetizers poolside. At cocktail hour we received an email from Warren's boss' stating that they would like to move the trip up a day. Instead of leaving B.A. on the 1st, we will be leaving on the 31st for Iguazu falls.

For dinner we travel the bridge again to the same restaurant as the last night, Cabana Las Lilas. It is so good that we want it again. Tonight it is an hour wait. Warren has the best meal out of the three of us. He ordered the Kobe rib eye. It is the best steak any of us have ever tried. It literally melts in your mouth. To top off the meal we have homemade apple pie ala mode. The taste buds are definately happy.

FoodFoodFood

This was the best seafood dish EVER!!!!!
A short walk back to the hotel and we call it a night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb