Day 4 - Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 14th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Love is in the air 33 secs
The original plan was to go to the Jardin Japones, but since it was rianing a little in the morning, we decided to stop by the bus station and check out where we should buy tickets. This is the sketchiest part we have visited so far - so we kept watching our backpacks and making sure no one was following us.
Going with the flow we ended up in Recoleta, one of the rich areas of BsAs and it's famous Recoleta Cemetary. It was a very strange experience for me: the most beautiful masoleums made out of marble, with delicate white curtains, mosaics and statues of angels that look almost like extravagant monuments, some brocken into but most weirdly displaying coffins of families or even dynasties. We followed a bunch of turists to Evita's grave.

We were kinda late for our class so we rushed quickly to school without eating anything. Just a note: Argentinian breakfast consists of crackers and jam·dulce de leche and is at 8.30am, while dinner is a piece of meet with potatoes·pasta at 9.30 pm. We were starving for most of the day. And even free coffee and water that is provided at school couldnt reduce the pleas of my stomach.
At night we decided to chill and do our homework.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb