Some crazy ass traffic!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 11th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Crazy Ass Traffic 20 secs
2: Op de fiets in San Telmo 17 secs
Hi everyone,
I am getting in as many of these messages as possible now cause i am sure when we get into the sticks of patagonia the only way of being in touch is possibly a pigeon or maybe something a little more exotic, so don't be surptised if you get tucan mail! he he.
Anyway i am sure you are wondering about my title well i will fill you in, in a minute.
In the last few days we have benn doing alot of site seeing and looking for bancos which you will be glad to hear was a successful mission. Its only when you really get into the city center do you realise how massive this place is. Ther is lots of monuments and big roads. You think three lanes is great in ireland maybe four, here you can get six. How about that!We have done alot of walking, so yesterday we decided we would hire some bikes. I was abit dubious about this as not sure which way cars go over here just from observation they seem to swerve alot.
So we had our map and our bikes and a few words of advice from the proprioter on where not to go and off we went. Got a bit lost outside the shop so all was looking a bit bleak, but we found our way and off we went . Got across the main 6 lane roads ok and was happily cycling along. Then joost turns around and says we are in the wrong area and oh wouldn't it be the area we are not ment to be in. Oops!
So we just kept cycling reds light or not! Ah no only joking. It was pretty busy there so we weren't in any danger and we managed to get back on track pretty soon. So after leaving the forbidden area we got to La Boca where the building are brighly painted with reds and yellows and blues. this are a is near the harbour and the reason they are painted as they are is becase they used what paint wwas left from the ships which was a little of everthing. Nice place and we walked around there for a while and had some good coffee.
Off on the bikes again and heading toward the La Boca football stadium. Then onto in the natures reserve where we saw an eagle, lizzard and wood pecker with a very red head. (just like my nose today).
After that came the highlight we had to head into the city. Holy quacamole! Still more six lane traffic and there was lanes going everywhereand joost shouting stay behind me and oh my god it was crazy but that not the craziest we then were caught in a junstion with cars and vans and lorries coming from everywhere and noboby staying in lane and in the middle of it all us two rcazy ass cyclist. We weaved an dogded and peddled like ninty and then joost says, we are going the wrong way!(ah no only joking)
It was a buzz!
We managed to make it back with the bikes and my ass hurts but definitely worth it and if any of you are coming over you have to do it! best way to get into the city! Really!
Well that it for now. Off to try and finds the post office and still haven't managed to find a tent.
Take care all G&J


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th December 2008

superb!
Hello Joost en Gill, In one word F. . . awesome!! good luck, take care and enjoy!! greetz Michel, Nienke, STEven en Tom
12th December 2008

what a sitoeaaations!
Hi there Gill and Joost, Great to hear your adventures from Argentina! Must be nice to cycle all around in a big city like Buenos aires. Take care and enjoy the next couple of days. I just send some pigeons to patagonia with messages from Holland. Hopefully my timing is right.. see you! Paul
23rd December 2008

hey it's just like the turn off at Cherryville from Kildare town to our house. Who'd have throught Irish engineers are actually allowed to practice outside Ireland!!!!! Only kidding Irish Engineers from DIT.
4th January 2009

Hi Leonie!
Nice to hear that all is going well for you & Lawrence. Hope the summer is not to dry & business is good. So far all is going well down here. You guys would like it down here too, as there is amazing scenery and ginormous bbq´s. We´ll keep you posted it. All the best and a happy New Year! Joost & Gill
4th January 2009

Muy Bueño!
Hoi Michel! Nog bedankt voor je berichtje. Het is inderdaad ´muy bueño´hier. Wens jou en natuurlijk je hele gezin ´t allerbeste toe voor 2009! Groeten Joost & Gill!

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb