BA and waterfalls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 23rd 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After El Calafate we went to Buenos Aires for a few days. The day we arrived began with a downpour that reminded us of home, although the temperature was still around 20 degrees C so more like July than October.

We spent some time window shopping in the expensive shopping areas, and a significantly larger amount of time trying out some of the bars. We also visited the La Recoleta cemetary which has hundreds of huge sarcophagi, one of which holds the body of Eva Peron. We visited the district of La Boca and went inside the famous Boca Juniors football ground. Sadly we had arrived one day too late to go to a game (Andy was not impressed with this!!)

Buenos Aires has great nightlife including some really cool bars and restaurants. We tried out one of the nightclubs on our last night but couldn´t compete with the amazing salsa dancing of the locals. The clubs don´t get going until 2am so we had a late night and then had to get up early the next morning and get a flight to Puerto Iguazu, in the north of Argentina on the border with Brazil and Paraguay.

From here we visited the Iguazu falls, which were amazing (see the pictures!). There are 275 different falls, some up to 82 metres high. They twice the size of the Niagra falls and only to the Victoria falls in South Africa are larger.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Eva Péron´s graveEva Péron´s grave
Eva Péron´s grave

La Recoleta cemetary
Tango dancersTango dancers
Tango dancers

San Telmo, Buenos Aires


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb