Mucho Spanglish!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola Mi Amgos.

Como estas? We hope you are well and funky!

We have been in the city of good air (not true because of lots of cars and buses), Buenos Aries for about a week. Our flat is amazing, In a area called San Telmo (funky shops, markets and people!). We are on a square called Plaza Derrago. On Sunday´s there is a massive antique market. Lots of shiny things, tango in the plaza and music everywhere. Although the market started after the economy crash in 2001 with everyone selling their stuff to live. Now it´s a famous landmark for both locals and tourists.

The city is amazing. Buzzy, friendly, quite gay, trendy, stylish and lovely architecture. I have seen the most wonderful shoes here!

There is music everywhere. On one of the main shopping streets I saw a tango band and then a hip-hop reggae band. Over 10 bands and musicians play at the market on Sunday. We have seen some really good tango shows. It´s a big party town, although there's no point going to the discothèque before 2am. Me and Andy are going to tango lessons next week, should be highly amusing!

BUT! our heads hurt from learning Spanish! We spend all day speaking Spanglish. Andy had a broken chat about Euro vision. I said "Campo" which means farm, oppps!. The teacher Alejandra is lovely and patient! Speaking is hard but listening and reading is better. We study with a nice lady from Holland and had lunch with her today. We have meet lots of people at the school. On Friday went for steak with Mindy (Yes she was named after Mindy from Mork and Mindy!) and Anne from Washington state, gee! They go to the school and are really funny. They teach in the states and are improving their Spanish to communicate better with their Mexican students, which is cool. We have been hanging out with another lady, Christie from NYC. She is very nice and we laugh a lot.

The food here is wonderful, juicy steaks (yummy!) and mucho vino. The wine here is like grape juice. Grab yourselves a decent bottle of Argentinian wine from Bottoms up!

Paratay in Brazil was lush! Our b and b was amazing, really friendly and mucho chilled! We made a friend called Molly, ahhhh! We spent all our time on the beach and boat trips on the green sea. Our bus trip from Sao Paulo was lush, it was like being in club class. A good first time for a virgin coach travel, so Andy was broken in painlessly! The coaches in Argentina are brilliant. Some even serve full on meals and champagne on long trips!

Iguazu Falls was breathtaking and awe inspiring! On the Brazilian side you got a panoramic view and on the Argentina side you got really close up, amazing. All that water! We went on a speed boat up the river and went very close to the falls and got drenched!

Tonight or tomorrow I will post lots of pictures on a separate blog. Wanted to write a little but need to sort pictures out. I think pictures are better than words and gives you more of a idea of the places and spaces we have been.

Well mi amigos, we miss you all.

Take care. Lots of Love, Paulo and Andy xx



Advertisement



12th August 2008

Phew...
Thought you'd got lost in some rainforest and were having to survive eating juicy bummed insects! Pictures would be fab... Loves.
13th August 2008

hello boys! sounds like your having fun eating and drinking lots ,instead of bottoms up try my wine shop corks of cotham on cotham hill ! take care x
14th August 2008

Mucho Vino
Ahh, the wine is top notch! mucho vino is drunk! Hope all is well with you We are loving it here and are spanish is slow but i think sure take care, Paulo and Andy xx
15th August 2008

So great to hear from you! Love your blog, gona check out the pics now. Lots of love, and so glad to hear you are both doing really well and enjoying yourselves XXXX
3rd September 2008

Alllriiiiiight my luvvers
Hay there you two, sounds like you are having the best time ever.... very very envious you buggers Loving your blog... so funny that Poor mr Andy Fagg Hoare Finlayson had to slum it in eco class. dani here bristol is drizzle at the mo, ecco you buggers having such an amazing experience or is Andy longing for his chez longe!!!! well me and hay are plotting to go over to tailand for a holiday possibly with kate from the course maybe you should think about it! we leave mid feb do a little detor!!! and maybe never go home like us! Hay here... yey and then we can all live on the beach in a swanky hut, (with e flushing loo and a Beeday for Andy) do it do it Lots og love the girls xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb