To Argentina & Brazil


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A very quick round up of our trip from Bolivia to Argentina and into Brazil.

After the cold of Boliviãs salf flats we were looking forward to leaving the high altitudes of the Andes behind us and heading towards some sun. The plan was to go from the south of Bolivia into Argentina but due to bad roads, bus strikes and everyone else we met going via Chile we decided to change plans and get an additional stamp in our passports.

We stayed in a small town called San Pedro and slept in a v cosy room with some people we met on our tour. It was then off to Buenos Aires with a stop of a couple of days in Salta for a few nights of drunken fun.

When we got to Buenos Aires we were expecting it to be warmer than the Andes, but unfortunately it was, if anything, colder. We spent our time sightseeing, eating lots of v nice steak and going out till the early morning with the guys we met in Bolivia. We ended up spending a week in BA which was great fun apart from having our camera stolen (it just disappeared from our rucksack), though if this is the worse that happes on our trip I think we have done quite well.

It was then off to Iguazu Falls on the Argentina / Brazil border which is a massive waterfall, surrounded by forest (also in the new Indiana Jones film). I will let the photos do the talking for this place as I could not do it justice. We spent a day on the Argentina side and then headed into Brazil to see it from theirs.

The sun also came out so I could finally take off the North Face jacket I have worn every day so far!

After Iguazu it was off to the Brazilian Pantanal - a massive wetland area teeming with wildlife.

We will cover this in a seperate blog.

Hope everyone is well
Steve & Jane



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb