Overly Long Flight And Then Turned Up At The Wrong Hostel


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 17th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So lat night i had the wonderfully delightful mushrom pasta in a bag and what a treat.....lol, i found out my dorm room was full of spanish girls so no dorm chat with my roomies which sucks, so i headed to bed to listen to my ipod and then catch some ZZZZs and prior to that i couldnt get the hostel i wanted in Izagu falls and so i plumped for the only hostel that had the three nights i needed.

I was up bright and early this morning and grabbed breakie and chatted to some irish girls about Buneos Aires and Paraguy etc and checked out and my airport shuttle turned up which was a good start, i then discvered at the airport that although LANs website says all taxes included you have to pay 18 pesos to leave Calafate airport..............sometimes i feel like handing some of these places my bankcard and say hey empty my account, its like i have already paid enough for the flight and spent plenty of bucks in your country but you want to bleed me dry?

So it turns out the flight goes to Ushuaia first so going in the wrong direction nd before the flight i chatted to this english guy who was going to Ushuaia to see abut an antartic cruise, nice if you have the money....lol, maybe another trip for me.

So a just below 3 hour flight to BA turns into over a 5 hour flight and the was no headphones and the was two lots of half an hour shows of this show called just for laughs which is a hidden camer joke show, so the was no vlume and it was ot the best and to add to the greatness of this lAN argentina flight they dont do special dietary requirements on domestic flights and so i was starving and im a veggie and so it goes against everything i belive but i pulled the meat out of the meat and cheese sandwich and eat it....ughhhh.

I had some orange juice and beer to celebrate St Patricks day and i chatted t this japense traveler next to me, dont get me wrong a 5 hour flight is better than a 40 hour bus journey its just nice how airlines forget about taxes and other important stuff to tell you.

So i got to Buenos Aires and i went and changed my flight back from the falls as it was an evening flight and i though if i have a morning flight i have three full days in BA.

I then spotted a traveler getting into a taxi and thought lets share the fare and i said what hostel i was going to and it must not have registered, as he seemed to think we were going to the same place, anyways we ended up at the Rcoletta hostel which is tired and drab and not very pretty and the orignal one i was heading too the Hostel-Inn Buneos Aires i think would have been nicer, but they accepted my reservation aas they are a Hostelling International hostel and i just had to pay the balance and not loce the deposit i had paid, its another 20 blocks to the other hostel im up early for the flight and this hostel is 15 mins from the airport so i thought for onr night it would do and i will stay at the other hostel when i get back, though this hostel includes breakfast but it starts at 8am so yup i dont get any special treatment i dont get any brekkie even thugh its included in the price......oh well shit happens.

I went for a wonder round and i still can only get 320 pesos at a time form the atms in Argentina, its very annoying as elseswhere i can get what i need out. I bought some more sunblock as its hot up here and i ran out and ill need it and i now need to get some food and then i may even go to bed soon a im knackered.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb